Friday, 7 February 2014

TheTaraEmporium - what's it all about? Plus something new and tasty!

Hi! I will be around a little more and back to blogging again because I'm going back home tomorrow. Sad to leave my sisters but it's been good to spend some time with them.

A few days ago I finally told my big secret which I had been keeping for ages!.....TarasTalons is expanding and will now be part of a bigger brand called TheTaraEmporium! My blog, website and social media all changed to TheTaraEmporium and I promised I'd reveal all soon. It's now soon........

While TarasTalons remains my nail polish brand, I am now expanding into other areas and felt the name TheTaraEmporium reflected it well!

TheTaraEmporium will be the place where all your dreams come true! It will still be about nails but also about other aspects of beauty plus fashion and lifestyle! Some of the things that will be added to my blog, shop and website will be fashion, beauty, lifestyle.......and baking! I will also be selling on other marketplaces such as eBay, amazon and ASOS (although TarasTalons polishes will still be sold exclusively on my Etsy shop and Website). 

I have some fab companies on board so I hope you enjoy all of the new stuff that will slowly be making their way through to my social media, blog and website!

Today, as the first day of the change I'll be blogging about a new recipe I tried yesterday...creme egg brownies! Me and my older sister find it really relaxing and therapeutic to bake, so we both made cakes and I had to try out this recipe! 

I adapted a recipe I found here which is amazing! You can only eat a tiny bit though because they're so sweet and rich (I actually out chocolated myself which I though was impossible! I think I need to eat them with vanilla ice cream to balance out the chocolate!

For the brownies (which are full of creme eggs and topped with fondant and chocolate!) I used slightly different quantities of the ingredients, so I used; about 90g of plain flour, 2 heaped tablespoons of cocoa powder, 200g milk chocolate, 100 g butter, 2 eggs, 130g caster sugar, 2 dashes of vanilla extract and four chopped up full size  creme eggs (the recipe said 10 mini creme eggs but I used chopped up full sized one because I wanted the creme stuff to melt out into the brownie and make it more melty and gooey!). To make the fondant topping I used about 90g of golden syrup, 2 tablespoons of butter, a dash of vanilla essence and an unknown quantity of icing sugar! I just kept adding it until it tasted nice and was the right consistency! I also use 100g of chocolate with 50g of butter for the topping!

To make the brownies (this is the method from the blog I've linked to above, I take absolutely no credit at all for the method or the wording etc, I just copied it from the blog I've linked to, and it's how I made my brownies. Obviously I do advise visiting the blog i've linked to for the correct ingredients ;) better pictures and other great blog posts! The pictures are mine, theirs are better ;))

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
Grease and line a 20cmx20cm tin.
In a heavy based pan, melt the butter and chocolate together over a low heat. Stir constantly and watch the chocolate carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn. Take the chocolate off the heat. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract, then the sugar.
Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Fold it into the mixture until just combined. Pour into a lined tin lined with grease-proof paper (make sure paper rises up a little higher than the sides to give you space for the toppings). Stud the mixture with the mini creme-eggs, pushing them right down into the brownie mixture.

Look at that massive bit of creme egg!


Bake for 25-30 minutes. I like my brownies still a little gooey so I take them out juts before the look completely cooked. Let the brownies cool completely.


To make the cream, beat the golden syrup, butter and vanilla together until smooth and well combined. Slowly add in the icing sugar and beat until creamy. You might need to add a little water to help it mix. Spread over the top of the brownies and chill in the fridge for about two hours.


Finally, melt the butter and chocolate together in a heavy based pan. 


Pour over the top of the brownies and leave to set.



I just about managed to keep away from my brownies long enough for them set! 
The brownie part of these brownies are much thicker but have so much chocolate and stuff making them gooey that I couldn't get it out of the baking dish in one piece so there's loads of gooey brownie hidden behind it ;)

This is the brownie broken open with all the gooey stuff!

It was absolutely amazing and I will forever love the girl who blogged this recipe!

Tara x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x