Friday, 14 March 2014

My Duri journey has begun

Hi! I hope you're having a great week! I'm really looking forward to my birthday at the weekend and being able to announce how I am going to celebrate TarasTalons 1st birthday!

Today I'm going to show you the beginning of my Duri journey! I asked in a Facebook group I belong to what I could use to get my nails healthy and Duri was recommended to me, along with a link to eBay where there was a seller who had two bottles for around £7 plus postage! It arrived yesterday morning so I put it on straight away. I was advised my a lovely Instagrammer to thoroughly wash my hands between nail polish remover and applying the Duri or I could experience some burring. I've also been told that picking your cuticles or having cuts or very damaged nails can also cause burning but while I was a bit scared, I decided to try it anyway!

I removed this mani which is two coats of Barry M Greenberry with two coats of TarasTalons Maldives, one coat of Leighton Denny crystal finish and some fab embellishments from www.she-sells-seashells.co.uk.


I then manicured my nails and washed them before applying one coat of Duri as directed by the instructions.


I was impressed by the application and glossy finish but incredibly impressed by the quick drying time! I did get a slight tingle but nothing unbearable so I applied two coats of TarasTalons Royalty and then another coat of Duri as directed by the instructions.


The tingly becomes a stinging but not unbearable, kind of like one of those plumping lipglosses feel on your lips, but on my nails! It went away after about 20 minutes so I will definitely keep using it. The instructions advise to apply one coat every day for seven days, then remove and start again, I'll keep you updated how I get on!

Get Nailed ;)

Tara x

2 comments:

  1. Love your manicures! Strange, I never got any burning/tingling sensation with my Duri and I've used many times! Must vary from person to person.

    Tara xox
    www.headlinebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think so Tara-Jane, there's lots of blogs about burning and stinging but also lots of people with no issues so I'd recommend giving it a go for definite as it is a fab product! x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x