Monday, 2 June 2014

My first proper try at stamping using nails inc and models own polishes!

Hi! I can't believe it's June already! Time to break out my neons and holos! 

Today, I'm going to show you my first proper try at stamping! I have messed around with stamping before but I've never really done a full mani with stamping so I borrowed my sisters nails to try it on! I will say up front that it was a fail! I had an idea in my head of what I wanted and it looked so good! If you could see what was in my head instead of what actually appeared on my sisters nails, you'd be super impressed ;)

I used two coats of nails inc Elizabeth Street as a base, which is a gorgeous light pink polish, I love this one!


I then used models own ice neon in pukka purple.


and models own hyper gel in blue glint.


The stamping set I used is a cheap one I bought on eBay about three years ago so I will say I've read loads of blog posts and watched loads of YouTube tutorials about stamping and I think with better tools, I would get a better result so if you haven't tried stamping please don't let my attempts put you off :D


I used a 'bubble' pattern and the different polishes to stamp all over the nail.


It looks a bit more like confetti than bubbles though! (well that's how I choose to see it, colourful spaghetti might be a better description ;))


My overall experience is that I love stamping and I want to get better at it but it isn't as easy as it looks! I will get a bigger and squishier stamper and I'll also get some better plates and practise with various polishes and designs and stuff so I'll keep blogging about my stamping attempts until I finally nail it! Any tips or anything please leave them in the comments, if you have blogged about stamping or done a YouTube tutorial or anything, feel free to link to it!

Tara x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tara I like the base colour and your stamping isn't that bad it actually gives it an artistic free-hand feel.:) I find it also depends on what polishes you use for stamping as some don't stamp that well so its trial and error with some but keep trying I look forward to seeing more of your stamping manis :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The base coat is really pretty, it's definitely one of my favourite pinks! Thank you :D It really did look better in my head though haha! I'll keep trying and hopefully I'll improve :) xx

      Delete
  2. It is literally just practice. Yes, good quality plates help a lot, the squishy stamper is incredible, some polishes stamp better than others, but my first few attempts weren't this good! A good tip is to stamp over an old manicure just before you take it off (then it doesn't matter if it fails!), and to go through your stash to test which polishes stamp.

    Repetition is the mother of all learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the squishy stamper! That's a great idea to try it before I take off my mani, I'll try that next time! I am looking forward to (hopefully) seeing improvements after lots of practise and finding out which of my polishes work best!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x