Friday, 18 July 2014

Essence polish 146 'That's what I mint' review

Fridaaaaaaaay! I mean, Hi :) 

A couple of days ago I got loads of stuff from Essence which is now in the UK and being stocked at Wilkos. Today I'm going to give you my first review which is of polish 146 'That's what I mint'.

First here's the haul I got......


Before I get onto my review, I'm just going to quickly copy and paste an update about the essence products I posted across my social media. I will do a full review of everything first but here's a quick overview.

                                        
Yesterday I posted my huge @essence_cosmetics @essence_uk haul and I got loads of messages about it and asking me to review the products etc so I've used some of them today! I will will do a full review on my blog soon but for those of you who are going to be buying soon, here's my thoughts 

Firstly I used the light polish on the top right of this collage and was really impressed with it, the brush was amazing, it applied really well and dried really fast! I then tried to use the paper print (middle and bottom pictures on the left) unfortunately all it did was melt off the polish, I tried it without polish too but it didn't transfer! I tried it with alcohol instead of the solution and over other polishes but it didn't transfer. I searched for tutorials and tips but just found loads of other people having the same issues so I tweeted essence but as yet have had no reply although they have tweeted other stuff since then 

I moved into a pink polish (top left) which was so thick I couldn't apply it, I poured some of the polish out and ended up using 35 drops of my Orly thinner to thin it enough to be able to apply it.

I then used a sharpie pen to draw on some designs and applied the essence glow in the dark topcoat (middle right) I tried the glow in the dark effect after 1,2,3 and four coats but nothing happened! It didn't glow! (Bottom right). Again I searched for tips and stuff to see if I was doing anything wrong but again couldn't find anything I did wrong! I didn't tweet essence again burns have contacted them through their website to see if they had any suggestions about what had gone wrong with three of the four products I tried.
I'm really sad that these products weren't very good, aside from one small collection of polishes from a different brand that I now pretend was a bad dream  I've never used nail products I didn't like before and definitely haven't had to give a bad review so I'm not looking forward to writing this blog post!                                                

Ok, so onto the review of this first polish!                                       

What I used in todays blog post
Base coat - OPI matte nail envy
Colour coats - Essence 146 That's what I mint
Top coat - Duri rejuvacote

Where I bought what I used
OPI matte nail envy - http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/vlnailsupply
Duri rejuvacote - http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/buydailydeals?_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754
Essence polishhttp://www.wilko.com

Other places you can get what I used
OPI matte nail envy - http://www.opiuk.com/store/nail-envy/matte-nail-envy-boxed-
Duri rejuvacote - http://www.duricosmetics.com/duri-cosmetics-rejuvacote-05-05.html
Essence polish - find out more about essence and where you can buy the products here http://www.essence.eu

As soon as I saw this polish I loved it, it's light, fresh and really pretty! My first impression of the polish was great, the brush is amazing, nice and rounded at the bottom so it's easy to paint near the cuticle and because my nails aren't very wide,  and the brush is quite wide it practically coats my nail in one stroke! 

The formula of the polish was perfect, not too thick but not at all runny, it dried really quickly and was opaque in two coats. It also dried to a lovely shiny finish. This picture shows two coats without topcoat.


Tara x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x