Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Born Pretty Store gold square embellishment review


Hi :) I've been doing some nail art designs the last few days so today I have a really simple nail art design to show you!

To do this mani I used a nails inc polish called 'Hanover Square' which was free with Glamour magazine recently. I also used some gold square embellishments which I was sent from Born Pretty Store to review (please see my disclaimer page for more info).

You can get these embellishments here (http://www.bornprettystore.com/ultarthin-tiny-square-matt-glitter-powder-sheets-tips-nail-decoration-p-16763.html). If you use the code TS10K31 you'll also save 10% off your order! 

First I'll talk about the polish! It's a beautiful deep, rich burgundy polish which is perfect for Autumn! I love it for a quick and classic mani or pedi so I think this will get a lot of use this year!

Once I had applied two coats of the nails inc polish, I worked one nail at a time to apply top coat. Before it dried, I used a wax pencil to pick up the gold squares and apply them to the base of the nail. I did this on all my nails except my ring finger which I covered in the gold squares leaving a small burgundy margin around each one. I didn't coat in top coat because I didn't want it to pool between the embellishments and not dry but these are secure enough without it so it didn't make any difference to the design.


The squares are very thin so it's fine wearing loads on one nail but as they are flat, they don't sit completely flush on the nail in all areas. At the base of the nail they were sitting quite flat but obviously the higher I placed them or as I placed them to the left and right, they sat slightly off the nail so I'd advise applying these after your tights ;) It probably isn't an every day design to wear them all over the nail but it's very wearable to wear one or two.



Tara x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x