Friday, 21 November 2014

W7 gel nails kit and polish review

Hi! In one of my local shopping outlet places there's a beauty shop which had the W7 gel nails kit and polish for just £39.99 for the starter kit and £5.99 for the polishes! I bought the kit and two polishes. I the kit you get the light (which is glittery), everything you need to do and remove a gel manicure and three polishes; a base/top cot, a bright pink and silver. I also bought a light pink and a beautiful purple!


I haven't really used gel polishes before so I was really excited to try this! I was even more excited when I realised the light cures/dries each coat in just 30 seconds! These are the steps I followed;

Shape nails, push back cuticles etc.
Using very thin coats and taking extra care to keep away from my cuticles I applied the base coat to both thumbnails and cured for 30 seconds.
I then applied base to one hand, cured for 30 seconds and then repeated on the other hand.
I then repeated those two steps for two colour coats and top coat.
I used the cleanser and a lint free pad to remove the tacky layer and my mani was complete!

I find it easier to do both thumbs first as your whole hand doesn't fit in the light and you can keep both thumbs flat if you do them separately anyway!

This is the result of my gel mani!


I love having such a fast drying and long lasting mani so I'll definitely be using this more! Especially over Christmas when I'll be more prone to chips wrapping (and unwrapping) presents etc. Also gel nails are fab because you can use a neutral colour for work, add a glitter/nail art for the weekend, remove the glitter/art and keep the base on! I'll show you more shades soon! In the meantime you can buy your own W7 kit gel nails kit and polishes here (http://www.w7cosmetics.co.uk/product/gel-nail-salon-kit/)

Tara x

P.s Don't forget to enter my giveaway here (http://tarastalons.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/giveaway.html)

P.p.s I have now added a 'For sale' page to my blog. I will be destashing polishes and stuff here but at the moment I have pigments and glitters for making or customising polishes and using for nail art, crafts etc for sale. You can see all the info here (http://tarastalons.blogspot.co.uk/p/for-sale.html)

10 comments:

  1. I saw this at w7 beauty outlet and wasnt sure but now guna put it on my christmas list xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a fab Christmas present! X

      Delete
  2. So many pretty shades in the W7 range, one of my favourites is Black Cherry x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look out for that one! Sounds fab for Winter! X

      Delete
  3. Hi

    I've been brought one of these kits for Christmas and have followed the instructions to the letter but when I wipe with the cleaner it wipes all the gel off so it's not curing properly. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you definitely using the cleanser stuff and not the remover ;) Can you tell me what you do? Do you cure four fingers, two thumbs and then the other four fingers? Are you definitely curing each coat for enough time before you apply the next coat?

      Delete
  4. Definitely using the cleanser. Only testing one thumb to start. Box says cure for 30 secs I have done for 30 secs up to 2mins. Apply base coat then cure, thin layer of pink, cure, second coat then cure then top coat and cure then wipe with cleanser and it just wipes most of it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not right! When the lamp is on are all the lights lit? It could be one is broken and so not curing properly. I would assume definitely a light issue and contact W7 so they can replace it for you. It's amazing when it works so I hope it's resolved quickly for you! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your help I've contacted them so will see what they say. Was really looking forward to getting quick nails that will last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) I hope they sort it out quickly for you! It's really good when it works, no worrying about chips and no waiting ages for polish to dry!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x