Monday, 1 December 2014

W7 advent calendar review/reveal DAY ONE!

Happy December! I'm so excited it's now December and very close to Christmas! I'm even more excited that I can start opening my W7 advent calendar which I showed you here when I was first sent it to review (see my disclaimer page for more info). Today I've brought my advent calendar with me to my mums house so I can open it while I drink hot chocolate, eat candy canes and sit under the Christmas tree! I feel VERY festive today!

It was really exciting opening my advent calendar this morning, usually I have a chocolate one and while I do love chocolate, I love cosmetics MUCH more! Today in my calendar was an eyeshadow called 'hot chocolate'. It's a really pretty, soft brown and when the light hits it you can see bronze, gold and rose pink!


This is with flash.

This is without.


 Here's a close up so you can see how gorgeous the colours are!


And here's my swatch of this shadow. I'm quite pale so you can see how subtle this is, great for giving a soft, glam look.


You can also build it up for a more defined look!


The eyeshadow applied really well, it's very velvety so it doesn't drag on the skin at all. It'll be perfect for day to night looks because you can just swipe on an extra layer for a more striking effect! It's also great for smoky eyes because it build up well and blends well too. I can't wait to do a whole makeup look with this!

I do use W7 eyeshadow palettes a lot which I love so I'll definitely be adding more of this single post to my collection. You can get this eyeshadow here and you can get the advent calendar here!

Tara x

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's my new favourite! I love brown and nude eyeshadows! x

      Delete
  2. gorgeous color and i love that shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Great for adding sparkle when i look tired! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x