Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Collection Heather and Illamasqua Swinger - mani and review

Hi! Yesterday, I spent the day watching hollyoaks doing a few different nail art designs for some reviews coming soon and planning out some other collaborations coming soon and today I'm going to be continuing all of that! I hope you have a nail polish filled day too!

Today's mani is a review of one of Collection Cosmetics new Field Day collection polishes 'Heather' and a showing off of Illamasqua's 'Swinger' which is a very luxurious gold polish!

So here is what the mani looked like... I used one coat of Duri Rejuvacote as my base coat then two colour coats of each polish and one coat of Duri Rejuvacote as top coat. I've reviewed lots of Illamasqua polishes recently, so I won't spend too much time on that one but I'll just quickly tell you that like the others I've tried, it applied really well and dries quickly. It was very opaque too, I used two coats because that's my preference but one coat looks great as well!


Now, onto the Collection polish! I've used Collection since they were Collection 2000 and always been a fan, so when I saw these fab Spring polishes I knew I had to try them. There are three polishes in the collection and I got them all but today I'm just going to show you 'Heather'. It's a lovely nudey/neutral colour but with a grey/lilac undertone. It's so pretty!

It applies very opaque but I prefer a minimum of two colour coats so my photos show two. This polish has a lovely formula and brush so it's easy to apply and my photos are without clean up so you can see how well it goes on. It also dries quickly and has quite a shiny finish too. I'm glad i got the whole collection!


Tara x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x