Wednesday, 8 April 2015

UK indie nail polish week - Tender Loving Canines, Mrs Cross' Nail Shop, Freckles Polish, Kandy Colors

Morning :) I hope you're having a lovely week and you've been enjoying all the fab UK indie brands I've been showing you this week! Unfortunately due to some polishes being damaged in the post, this series of UK indie nail polish week will end today but I will be back with week three soon! So if you're a UK indie polish maker who would like to be featured or you're a UK indie nail polish lover who would like me to feature a brand, please contact me!

Todays post is some information and pictures from four brands about their brand, themselves and their polishes. The words are mostly theirs and the photos all are. I hope you enjoy getting to know these brands and I hope to have some of their polishes soon for full reviews for you. Just a quick warning that this post is pretty long and photo heavy, so grab a cuppa before you start ;)


Tender Loving Canines

Sally from TLC is lovely and if you're passionate about animals, especially dogs, this brand is definitely for you! Here's what Sally had to say about her brand...

Hi, I'm Sally! I run a shop on Etsy called TenderLovingCanines. I make and sell various bits and bobs, including 5-free, cruelty free & vegan nail polish, pendants and so much more! Everything in my shop is handmade by myself with the utmost care and attention to detail.

My nail polishes NEVER contain carmine, formaldehyde, toluene, camphor, formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), shellac, isinglass, gelatine, Spectraflair or any other carcinogens, toxic, animal tested or animal derived ingredients/by-products. I think it is very important for you to know that I absolutely love animals, so animal welfare is incredibly important to me. I have very strong views on animal testing; I find it utterly barbaric. All of my ingredient suppliers are strongly vetted to ensure that no animals are harmed in the making of my products. Thus, I only purchase vegan and cruelty free ingredients to use in my polishes. So, rest assured, my nail polishes are 100% cruelty free and vegan.

The inspiration for my shop is, of course, dogs! I love dogs so much. They've given me so much happiness throughout my life. I am now lucky enough to finally have a doggie of my own, who makes me very happy each and every day. I want to share my love of dogs by making dog inspired gifts for people all over the world to enjoy :)

Starting a shop was a scary experience for me at first, but I'm so glad I took the plunge as I really love being able to share my creations with the world :)

I donate 20% of the profits made from each sale to Happily Ever After Dog Rescue (headogrescue.webs.com/), so by purchasing any item from me you are helping to fund the rescue and rehoming of dogs. Every dog needs a home and every home needs a dog.

I really love running my shop and I am so happy that I've had so many lovely customers! I can't thank you all enough and I look forward to having more customers in the future :)

All the best,

Sally 

xxx




Mrs Cross' Nail Shop

This brand has some gorgeous polishes and a new collection coming soon, so look out for that! Here's what Leanne had to say about her brand...

My latest collection is called The Spring Nogs Collection which is based on the creamy colour of EggNog, plus I LOVE pastels so I thought these together would be the perfect mixture! I use 2 coats of polish in the pictures with my Top Coat, they are all roughly the same consistency, my favourite is the Mint Nog because it reminds me of mint choc chip ice-cream.

A little bit about me: I have been desperate to start some form of business for a few years now and one day while having a coffee with my husband he suggested starting something up that I love doing ie nails! I started my ebay shop called Mrs Cross' Nail Shop in September 2014 selling nail glitters and accessories and didn't think I could dabble in the nail polish industry for years to come but I had a quick look online and found out that it was possible to do immediately and that it was called 'starting an Indie line'. I ordered all the ingredients and tools and got started creating polish straight away. I launched handmade by Mrs Cross' Nail Shop in December 2014 and am loving everything about it, learning about business, being creative and becoming part of the Indie community!

I LOVE glitter and my first Christmas Collection was predominantly glitter toppers but have actually really enjoyed creating creme polishes with no glitter in my Spring Nogs collection (even though I would love to add a bit of holo glitter into the mix)

My social media links are:
Instagram: MrsCross.NailShop #MrsCrossNailShop #handmadebyMrsCrossNailShop











Freckles Polish

Julieann has just released two new collections in her Etsy shop. One is a collection of holos which is great for the sunshine that's just appeared! Here's what Julieann had to say about her new releases...

There's 2 collections, the Birthday Party Collection which is a collection of holos and the Collaboration Collection, the polishes in the Collaboration Collection have been designed by a mixture of bloggers and competition winners. Both collections are to celebrate Freckles Polish turning 1 at the end of March

My Facebook page is Facebook.com/frecklespolish and my Instagram is @welshforhill.




KandyColors

KandyColors have just released a Cleopatra collection! You can find out all about them and the collection here http://kandycolors.com. Here is the photo KC sent me of the new collection!































I hope you've enjoyed my second UK indie nail polish series and I'll be back soon with more!

Tara x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x