Sunday, 31 May 2015

Kimmel 'Bee a honey' 'Porta loo blue' and Collection 'Pebble grey'

Hi! Since I last blogged I have a ton of new polishes I can't wait to show you! I'm also working on a couple of new blog series' AND I have a fab new nail art product to show you soon! I hope you've been having a fab time :) 

Today I'm going to show you a recent mani, this is a mix up of colours for two reasons; I thought that the colours looked fab together and I'm trying to use more than one polish per mani to get through all my untrieds!


I used two Rimmel polishes and a Collection polish for this. The grey collection polish applied really well and was opaque in two coats. The teal Rimmel polish applied well too and was opaque in one coat but I used two just because I prefer a minimum of two coats. The yellow Rimmel polish applied well but had a streaky finish, I used three coats but it was still a little streaky so I think next time I'll use a white base coat and two colour coats.


I loved all the polishes, the colours are great and while the Rimmel and Collection polishes have very different brushes I liked them both. The Rimmel brush is wide, flat and has a rounded edge which is great for shaping around the cuticles, however my hands are quite small so my nails aren't very wide and on the smaller ones I do have to do quite a bit of clean up. The Collection brush is thin so it's easier for me to work with but if you have wider nails you may not get on with it so well.


The last thing I have to mention is that I wore the Rimmel polish 'Porta loo blue' for around 22-26 hours and I had staining on those nails. Luckily I hadn't worn it on every nail and I had two coats of base coat and had removed it but applying cuticle oil and wrapping my nails with nail polish remover soaked cotton wool pads, so I didn't get as much staining as I could have! I think next time I'll use a base coat and then a coat of white to try and reduce the staining. The colour is worth the staining to me because I never go out with bare nails so the staining is now covered up anyway but if you only wear polish on days off etc and not for work, you may want to give this one a miss.


Tara x

2 comments:

  1. That blue nail is crying out for a grey Daisy with a yellow center! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would look cute :) I'm glad I didn't put nail art over it though and get a daisy shaped stain on my nail haha! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x