Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Coloristiq 'Monthly manicure' subscription box review

Morning :) Today I'm going to show you a new monthly subscription box! This one is by Coloristiq and it's their monthly manicure box.

Coloristiq are the UK's first ever nail polish rental service and luckily for us, they have now launched this fab new box! This months box is worth £33 and it only costs £15! This is how the box came packaged.


And when you open the postage box and move all the protective tissue paper, you get this beautiful box, tied with ribbon and lots of tissue paper protecting your new polishes.


This months box theme is 'Festival fever' so theres lots of bright and beautiful polishes in here. You will get one models own polish from their festival collection, two mini China glaze polishes from their electric nights collection, an OPI glitter polish, Sally Hansen double duty base and top coat and nail foils from YR nails. 

The polishes I got are; Sally Hansen 'Double duty', models own 'Purple bandana', OPI 'Serious sparkle', China Glaze 'Red-y to rave' and 'Treble maker'


The first polish I tried was 'Purple bandana' which I love! I love models own polishes and this one is gorgeous. I also used the nail foils for this mani and did an accent nail with them.


Next up is China glaze in 'Red-y to rave'. I haven't got mani CG polishes so I was happy to have two new ones to add to my collection!


The other CG polish I got was 'Treble maker'. This is such a pretty colour! I will be using this again soon for some floral nail art.


I used the two CG polishes as a base for the OPI polish 'Serious sparkle' I got. this is so sparkly, you get a great coverage in just one coat!



Next I tried a 'no water, water marble' mani which Robin Moses does a lot on her youTube channel. I used a base of 'Purple bandana' on my index and pinkie nails, I then used the CG polishes on my two middle nails. Once there was a thin dry base coat of colour, I used the polishes to 'blob' on a few drips of polish and used a liner brush to swirl them. I kind of like it. It looks a bit tie-dye-y!


The last mani I tried was a bright ombre! I used a base of white polish and then when it was completely dry I used a small cosmetic sponge paint on stripes of colour and sponged it over the white polish. On my accent finger I did the same ombre but upside down. 


All of these manis were topped with the Sally Hansen 'Double duty' which is so thick and glossy! I love it!

I love this new subscription box, it's amazing! It's so well packaged, the products in it are from great brands and new collections and you get a great value for money. £15 for £33 worth of products is fantastic! 

I'll have some more manis coming soon using the polishes in this box but in the meantime you can get your box here.

Tara x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x